Key areas of accountability include:
Act as a Human Resource Focal Person in the Regional/Field Office to strengthen the HR function, its visibility and higher standards in the professional management of Human Resources in SCI
• Assist with the mainstream recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting reference checks and follow up processes such as planning for all the new hires.
• Participate and manage the interview process and recruitment of volunteers in the regions.
• Support with placement and follow up on new field hires to ensure they are well and effectively settling in.
• Provide feedback to the unsuccessful candidates after the interview process is complete.
• Support the planning and onboarding process for all new hires, ensuring timely completion of onboarding documentation.
• Support the process of tracking performance reviews, for the regional offices ensuring compliance.
• Support visits to the field teams as may be required.
• Work as a team member supporting the effective functioning of the HR Team
Volunteer Management system:
• Manage the recruitment process of all Community Based Volunteers.
• Updating and reconciling the CBV database Information on the New CBV system and personnel files
• Reconcile the regional excel templates and the systems to check for duplicates and missing names
• Compiling CBV information on files
• Drafting CBV volunteer contracts and extensions
• Take overall responsibility for the day to day running of the administration section and logistical support where necessaryat the regional office.
• Ensure that communication systems – mail, telephone areoperational and functioning efficiently.
• Offer secretarial support to functions, in coordination with other staff, as required.
• Review, design and implement/coordinate administrative systems that best fit the delivery of programme activities.
• Ensure that current strategic focus on administration/office procedures/systems, facilities /Security and fleet are disseminated and well understood and adhered to by the field staff.
• Maintain close working relationship with field staff and support sections of the organization for coordination and efficient service delivery.
• Ensure that all staff and visitors in the field offices are well briefed of the administrative procedures and systems in place.
• Ensure that staff and visitors travel, and accommodation is well managed and coordinated efficiently and also that procedures are adhered to.
• Manage office documents and keys in a safe and confidential manner, ensure that the office generator is functional at all times.
• Sort and distribute incoming mails.
• Support staff photocopies, scans, and file appropriate documents
• Assists with organizing events when necessary
• Ability to adhere to the SCI Child Protection Code of Conduct, Security Guidelines
In collaboration with the Field supply chain coordinator, manage the store and Assets in line with
Country Office supply chain procedures.
• Receive office consumable items into store &issue goods receive notes.
• Ensure safety and cleanliness of all items in the office consumables store.
• Ensure office cleanliness of office and oversight role on office safety during the day
• In liaison with Supply Chain, oversee the office equipment maintenance such as generators, printers and laptops and utilities and report to the supervisor for appropriate action.
• In liaison with Supply Chain, support negotiations for corporate agreements on booking venues for SCI meetings, workshops, seminars, conferences office parties, etc and ensuring cost effectiveness of the same.
• With the support of the field supply chain coordinator, ensure that the Office has an up-to-date database of all the relevant service providers of venues for events and other administrative services.
• Ensure that accommodation invoices, office utilities-water, electricity bills are processed and paid in time.
• Sign for delivered packages and distributes them to the appropriate recipient.
• Maintains stock of supplies by anticipating work requirements, ordering supplies, and distributing supplies where necessary.
• Management of warehousing and assets processes and record keeping/ documentation (stock cards, bin cards, inventory cards, loss reports, way bills)
• Conduct periodic stock takes and assets verification in line the policy Supervise casuals in the warehouse stores as assigned by the line manager or supply chain.
• Receive stock into the stores, issue stock as delegated by the supervisor or supply chain.
• Effective supervision of the Office Assistant / Casual staff at the regional location.
• Conduct reviews and discuss with the Office Assistant to obtain direct feedback on the administrative aspects and issues of the programme.
To be a strong supporter and advocate for children in this role you will need to have:
• A first class or 2nd Upper Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, and or Organisational Psychology is required.
• At least 3 Years relevant working experience in a busy HR environment.
• Demonstrated understanding and proficiency in the field of Human Resources Management and ability to work under minimum supervision.
• Good understanding of national legal requirements relating to HR, including labor laws and administrative law.
• Good understanding of employment related statutory requirements, organizational policies, systems and procedures formulation and management.
• Good Interview, negotiation, listening and counselling skills.
• Strong experience within recruitment, operating at different levels of the business, and familiarity with competency models
• Experience and capability with regards to direct sourcing approaches
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• A sensitive approach to advising and mentoring staff and to dealing with critical issues.
• Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
• Creative and visionary
• Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
• Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
• Excellent time management and planning capacity
• Very high level of integrity is required for the role.
Job application procedure
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.