Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is part of the Lutheran World Federation Department for World Service (LWF-DWS), an international humanitarian and development agency.
LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs.
LWF, Lamwo Sub Program seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative humanitarian / social and or community workers for the following vacancy.
Causal Driver- (2) positions.
Location – Palabek Settlement – Lamwo District
Duration – Six Months .
• Maintaining the assigned motor vehicle and its accessories (log books, jacks, wheel spanners, spare tires etc.) in good working order and clean condition and makes a thorough daily check of its mechanical condition (e.g. battery, fuel, water oil, brake fluid, tire pressure etc.) and promptly reports ant fault, damage of loss.
• Check ng regularly and ensuring that vehicles have valid road license and motor third party insurance and assists as required, l following up their processing and collection from the bank, insurance companies, and Uganda Revenue Authority offices
• Converting staff, visitors and any other authorized personnel on official duty as well as program equipment and materials a safe and secure manner
• Run errands to collect and deliver mail, parcels etc. as may be assigned.
• Monitoring the vehicle fuel gauge constantly, and reports any need for re-fuel in good time.
• Making a daily record of, trips in the vehicle log book, particularly departure/arrival times and mileage readings, as well as vehicle repairs/service and fuel and lubricants consumption, and reports the due service mileage in good time.
• Verifying repair/service done by a mechanic on return of vehicle from a garage.
• Ensuring the safety of the Vehicle while on trips
• Assists in loading/off-loading of project materials onto/from the assigned vehicle.
• Complies strictly with the official highway code and traffic rules and regulations while driving, as well as the relevant LWF policies and procedures
• Promptly reports to the office and /or the police all accidents and problems encountered while on duty.
• Ensuring that all vehicle doors and windows are securely locked after working hours, Prior to handing over the keys.
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
• A Sense of Responsibility: Should have a good sense of responsibility and adhere to safety requirements when driving, be courteous to passengers.
• Alertness. Must be alert at all times and able to be responsive to the road and driving conditions.
• An excellent Driving Record: The driver must have an excellent driving record to provide assurances of safety for the passengers
• Customer Service Skills: The driver must have excellent customer service skills when dealing with passengers.
• Knowledge of Vehicle Mechanics: The driver should have basic knowledge and be able to perform minor repairs as necessary, such as changing a tire.
• Maintenance Skills: The driver should be able to perform maintenance tasks that help ensure the vehicle meets compliance and other safety standards.
• Timeliness: The driver must have excellent time management skills
• He Must have proven interpersonal and communication skills
• The applicants for the Driver position should have a valid driving permit from a recognized institution
• 1 years’ driving experience.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Terms of Conditions
The successful applicant will Serve for the period indicated above with a possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Starting Date: immediate
Applications and detailed CV must include email address and telephone contacts of 3 referees. Hard copies should be submitted during working days, Monday to Friday (8:00am to 5:00pm) addressed to the Administrive/HR Officer, LWF Lamwo Sub Program and reach by close of business on 25th January 2020.
Please deliver at our Subprogram office in Lamwo-Palabek Kal.
LWF/DWS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, or religious affiliation. Female candidates possessing the above requirements are encouraged to apply. LWF/DWS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries, Knowledge of the local
Language is a MUST and a VALID Ridding permit for all the Project Assistant position and valid driver permit for Driver Position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted