WHO WE ARE:
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is an INGO promoting adult education and community development among refugees since 1997 as an operational partner to UNHCR and OPM.
Currently FRC is implementing literacy and language trainings, as well as livelihood related trainings in selected refugee settlements and nearby Ugandan communities with support from Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, and financial literacy trainings in all refugee settlements in Uganda with support from World Food Programme (WFP). The professional work force in these projects is currently 80 persons.
FRC is seeking suitably qualified, hardworking Ugandans to fill the following positions.
Position: Adult Education Officers
Contract type: Short term
Duration & Location: 3 Months in Kyaka Refugee Settlement – Kyegegwa 6 Months in Ayilo Refugee Settlement – Adjumani
Reports To: Adult Education Team Leader
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, arrange and monitor adult education training to the adult refugees and host communities, and to provide technical support and mentoring to the volunteer literacy and language instructors. The position is part of the “Adult Education” – project.
Qualifications and competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education; or in Pedagogy/or Community Development combined with strong hands-on experience in Adult Education and Literacy.
• Experience on training, material development, participatory assessments.
• At least a year professional work experience in Adult Education with communities
• Willingness to travel and live in rural project locations.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and achieve results.
• Experience working with NGOs, local communities and authorities.
• Ability to use standard computing packages.
• Knowledge of languages spoken by major refugee groups; Kiswahili, Kinyarwanda, Dinka, Nuer, Madi etc. is an advantage.
• Motorcycle riding skills is a MUST.
Job application procedure
Email Application to [email protected] latest on 3rd June 2021.
Application and CVs should be one document, and maximum of 5 pages.
Include in your application letter:
• Quote the Position and Location you are applying for.
• Gross salary request,
• Contact details (email and telephone) of 3 professional reference persons. Do NOT email copies of any certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from FRC by 30th June, your application has not been successful