About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries. FHI 360 implements USAID MCHN project that aims to strengthen the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) performance in implementing strategies to improve maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition outcomes, including the implementation of Kampala-based work to develop effective models to improve services for urban populations, focusing on under-served/resourced communities.
Position: Data clerk (19)
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Duration: 120 days
Summary of Role
The MCHN Activity is seeking services of a Data Clerk to support data management, entry, aggregation, validation of data and generation of daily, weekly and monthly reports for Covid vaccination in 24 vaccination sites in Kampala. This role will primarily focus on data management and reporting for all covid vaccination activities. Working with the facility incharges, facility vaccination teams and division biostatisticians/ focal persons, the Data Clerk will support and contribute to MCHN efforts to strengthen the generation, management and use of data at the facility. The Data Clerk will ensure that all data is captured in covid data management tools and summarized routinely using the appropriate covid reporting tools and entered into the online Covax system. The Data Clerk will also support generation of daily and weekly reports from the Covax system and other primary Covid data tools as may be required.
• Conduct quantification and ensure 100% availability of covid tools.
• Liaise with the unit in -charge to ensure completeness of data on the client forms, cards, registers and other covid tools.
• Support proper storage and archiving of forms and Covid data tools used during vaccination activities
• Conduct data entry of Covid data into the Covax system including cleaning and updating of data in the system.
• Support sites to conduct covid data analysis to inform covid vaccination and action planning.
• Support compilation and submission of routine covid reports on time.
• Conduct validation of data entered in the system at the end of each day
• Discuss, verify and address any questions/uncertainties on the data entry with the vaccination teams, facility in charges and supervisor.
• Maintain up to date weekly tracker of number of individuals vaccinated and entered in the Covax system.
• Conduct harmonization of data between the pre-primary, primary and summary reporting tools
• Maintains the highest standards of data quality by comparing the data entered with source documents or reenters verified data
• Participate in the facility quality improvement activities which may include collecting/ summarizing data and analyzing to inform progress of quality improvement interventions
• Analyze the monthly summary statistics for key program indicators and compile reports for distribution to inform QI team at the health facility
• Performs any other duties as maybe assigned from time to time.
Required Experience & Qualifications
• A minimum of a diploma in Statistics, Social Sciences with a bias in medical records management from a reputable institute.
• 2 years’ experience in conducting data management roles.
• Experience in the use of DHIS2 system to enter client level data at facility is an added advantage.
• Experience using facility based Covid data management and reporting tools.
• Good numeracy skills. Attention to detail and enjoy alphanumeric data entry
• Experience in handling collecting, collating and managing numerical data
• Data analysis skills
Job application procedure
Candidates should submit a cover letter, CV including salary requirements/expectations by email to: [email protected] not later than Friday 21st May 2021.
Please indicate the title of the position in the email subject line.