FINN CHURCH AID (FCA) is the largest Finnish Development Cooperation Organization and second largest provider of humanitarian aid. FCA operates in over 15 countries, with dire need. FCA works with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political affiliations and focuses on quality Education, sustainable livelihoods and peace.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates with Bachelor degree in education (secondary) to fill the posts of Secondary school teacher(s). He/ She will be part of education personnel supporting provision of Education to refugee and the host community children in Rwamwanja Refugee settlement in Kamwenge District.
Manage preparation and delivery of quality indoor and outdoor teaching and learning during school hours. Plan together with colleagues, promote peer support for quality performance and learning improvement, Ensure continuous assessment of students, keep good records of learning progress and use it to plan for appropriate learning support. Ensure up to date and approved schemes of work, lesson plans including all teaching learning materials. Support all community engagement aimed at promoting access to and Quality education.
Number of Position: 11 Bachelor degree Secondary school teachers,
Note. Teaching Subject position available are; English, Mathematic, History and Political Education, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Entrepreneurship Education, Kiswahili, Physical Education, Religious Education, French Language, Literature in English, Agriculture, Art and Design. .
The class teacher’s Roles & Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Preparing timely schemes of work and lesson plans for quality teaching and learning.
• Always using appropriate learner centered pedagogical skills in the entire teaching and learning process
• Professionally using positive disciplinary approaches and never behave in any way that harms the learners under his/ her care.
• Conducting timely, regular and quality learning assessment of each students to guide teaching and learning process and report on the academic progress of students.
• Promote inclusiveness in learning by ensuring that preparation for teaching and learning take care of the different learning needs of different students in his/her class.
• Promote teamwork, attended staff meeting and participate in the planning and management of schools activities.
• Participating in the co-curricular activities to enhance students’ holistic learning and expected competence development.
• Participating in community mobilization and sensitization activities aimed at increasing students’ enrollment and learning.
• Be part of the child protection structure by promoting safety & protection of students while in school, promoting non-violent disciplinary approach to ensure the school is free from all forms of abuses and risks.
• Professionally conduct career guidance and counselling for learners with focus on improving learners learning abilities/ skills and ability to make right academic choices with reference to available career/ education path.
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCES
• Bachelor degree in Education from a recognized university in any of the mentioned subjects. Diploma in Education with Relevant degree
• Must be registered as a Teacher with the Ministry of Education and Sports
• At least 3 years’ experience in secondary school teaching.
• Demonstrated team player skills and able to work in multi ethnic environment.
• Demonstrated innovative skills, able to produce results amidst challenges.
• Must be able to listen and respect authority.
• Be hardworking and with demonstrated good pedagogical skills relevant to Education in Emergencies situation.
• Must be an individual of high integrity with demonstrated knowledge of teacher’s code of conduct.
• Basic understanding of refugee situation and Willing to work with refugee community in promoting access to education
• Ability to speak any of the commonly spoken local language by the refugee students’ i.e Kiswahili, French among others is an advantage.
• Willing to reside in the remote refugee settlement.
NOTE: Finn Church Aid is committed to keeping children safe at all at times & all levels of its program operations, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from all forms of abuses. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards, adherence to Child Safeguarding Policy including background checks”
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants with the specified requirements are invited to bring in copies of their academic credentials, Teacher registration certificate, CV, cover letter explaining your ability and skills as well as indicating the subjects you teach and how your previous experience and training is relevant and your preferred location.
The envelope should be clearly marked with positon and location of job applied for. Applications should be addressed to: The Human Resource and Admin Manager, Finn Church Aid. Applications can be delivered to any of the FCA’s offices in Kyaka II Kyegegwa, Rwamwanja in Kamwenge, Yumbe, Moyo, Adjumani, Arua and Kampala offices not later than 5:00 p.m. on 9th April 2021
Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for Interview